[Orgmode] Re: simultaneous clocks?

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: simultaneous clocks?
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 20:27:19 -0400

Erik Iverson <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any concept of being able to run multiple, simultaneous
> clocks in org-mode.  For example, I want one clock to track my total
> hours during the week at work, i.e., punch in and punch out.

No.  Org-mode clocking clocks a single task at a time.  You can't do two
things at once :)

> Then, while that clock is running, I would use the normal clocking
> functionality to keep track of time on specific projects.

I punch in to a default task which starts my clocking day.  Everytime I
clock out the default task is clocked in to keep every minute clocked
from the moment I punch in until I punch out.

Publishing my current clocking setup is on my todo list and will be on
http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html soon.

> As it is, clocking into a new task clocks out of the current task.
>
> There may not be a way, but thought I'd ask!

Regards,
Bernt