Re: [Orgmode] how to upgrade org-mode version?

From: Scot Becker
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] how to upgrade org-mode version?
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 08:37:10 +0100

Kris,

You may have discovered this in the meantime, but I gave you the wrong line for adding the org documentation to your info-path in emacs (so that M-x org-info gets you to the latest docs).  It's not

 (add-to-list 'Info-default-directory-list "/path/to/org/doc")

but:

 (add-to-list 'Info-directory-list "/path/to/org/doc")

I don't know how long this has been broken in my own setup, but I just noticed it and thought I'd correct my advice to you.  If you actually install org mode to a place that the info commands can find (/usr/local perhaps) you don't need this.  But I just put the org repository right in my ~/.emacs.d/vendor/ directory, compile it in place, and leave it there.  As long as I add the right paths to the org-mode/lisp and org-mode/doc, everything works.

If you use stuff from the org contrib directory, you can also do:

(add-to-list 'load-path "/home/you/newpath/org-mode/contrib/lisp")

Scot