[Orgmode] Re: New implementation of the Org remember process ready for c

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: New implementation of the Org remember process ready for comments and testing
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 16:08:51 +0200

Hi Carsten,

Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> On Jun 21, 2010, at 12:24 PM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:
>>>
>>> Whenever collecting tasks (for example, but not limited to that), I would
>>> like one blank line to be inserted before any heading.
>>
>> this feature is coming soon, with a bunch of others.

Waouh. That was fast!

>             New implementation of the Org remember process
>             ==============================================

Installed. Imported my templates. Tested.

    (setq org-capture-templates
          '(("t" "Task" entry
             (file+headline "~/Personal/refile.org" "Tasks")
             "* TODO %?\n  %U\n  %i"
             :empty-lines 1)
            ("a" "Appt" entry
             (file+headline "~/Personal/refile.org" "Appointments")
             "* %^{Appointment}%?\n  %^T\n %i\n"
            :empty-lines 1)
            ;; [...]
            ))

> 7 Request for comments
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> None of what I describe is set in stone yet - let me know if you have
> comments, change requests or other ideas.
>
> My feeling right now is that this should become the default capture
> system, and that we will keep the current org-remember in the
> distribution for quite some time, for compatibility.

My comments:

- org-capture should be the new name, to avoid any future confusion between
  old and new system. You know how much old information Google can find.
  Making an easy way to distinguish between new and obsolete is better, IMHO.

- new properties like `empty-lines' works as advertised. Thank you very much.

- the fact that the names of templates doesn't appear anymore in the echo area
  is MUCH better. Being a user of `idle-require', I sometimes have messages
  (like "Blah blah... loaded") appearing the echo area while the system is
  expecting some input from me. Before, the template names often disappeared
  after a couple of seconds. Now, I don't fear that anymore.

No other comments for the moment, except that it functions as I expect it
(nothing lost) and the import was a breeze...

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban