Re: [Orgmode] New implementation of the Org remember process ready for c

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] New implementation of the Org remember process ready for comments and testing
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:53:44 +0100

   1. Run

      M-x org-capture-import-remember-templates RET

      to get a translated version of your remember templates into the
      new variable `org-capture-templates'.  This will "mostly" work,
      but maybe not for all cases.  At least it will give you a good
      place to modify your templates.  The customize interface is the
      best way to work with this complex variable.

This doesn't work for me.  I get:

,----
| Import old remember templates into org-capture-templates? (y or n)
| Note that this will remove any templates currently defined in
|   `org-capture-templates'.  Do you still want to go ahead? (y or n)
| list: Symbol's value as variable is void: org-remember-default-headline
`----

Eric,

I got this too. I worked around it by setting:

(setq org-remember-default-headline "Tasks")

Since I explicitly set headlines in my templates, this didn't seem to have any harmful side effects.

Ian.