[Orgmode] Re: New implementation of the Org remember process ready for c

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: New implementation of the Org remember process ready for comments and testing
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:32:22 -0400

> 6.4 Multiple capture events going on at the same time
>
>    If you need to capture something while already capturing something
>    else, you can now do so.  Finishing the second process will
>    automatically return you to the window setup of the first one.
>
>    Bernt, this might lead to confusing results if you would try to
>    port your immediate clock-in, clock-out code.  It will probably be
>    better (if you decide at all to try the new code) to use the
>    built-in :clock-in and :clock-resume properties:
>
>    These will even work for a chain: start capture 1, then 2, then 3,
>    finalize 3, then 2, then 1, and the previous clock will be
>    restarted each time.  Only when you finish the captures in a
>    different sequence, then the clock-resume stuff will lead to
>    undefined results.

Hi Carsten,

I'm trying out the new capture mode and it works pretty well.  The clock
in and resume functions work really well :)

One thing I'm missing is I have a function that changes my TODO state to
NEXT on clock in except when I'm creating a new remember-mode task.

I need a similar way to tell if I'm in a capture-mode buffer to prevent
changing the todo state to NEXT on clock-in.

I can use the buffer name which starts with "CAPTURE-" and ends in
".org" but that feels kind of hackish.  Is there a variable or function
available that I can use to tell if I'm clocking in a task in a capture
buffer?

Something like (capture-mode-p) maybe?

How do you recommend I deal with this?

Thanks,