Re: [Orgmode] AutOrg, and practice of GTD in a group

From: Hellekin O. Wolf
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] AutOrg, and practice of GTD in a group
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 13:00:06 +0000

Wow, thank you Sven...

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 08:41:22AM +0200, Sven Bretfeld wrote:

> The third level is for the physical actions of the project. As you see,
> only the first has a todo keyword (NEXT). The others are dependent from
> the first (cannot be done before the first is done) and have only a
> context tag. My context tags include things like HOME, OFFICE, SHOPPING,
> TRAIN etc. When the first NEXT action is done, the next NEXT action in
> the list gains the NEXT todo keyword automatically; this is what the
> TRIGGER property cares for. In that way my Agenda Views (defined as
> NEXT/HOME, NEXT/OFFICE etc.) display only next actions that can be done
> immediately.

*** I like the concept of "chained actions" and the TRIGGER property.
Very smart, the auto-assignment to NEXT keeps you busy and focused,
and saves a number of key-strokes.

But I guess that implies multiple NEXT items.  Do you maintain several
of those, or one per project?  Maybe I'm wrong--I didn't even read the
GTD book thoroughly yet--but I like having *one* NEXT action, so that
I don't get stuck with too many "next" things.  I can understand one
NEXT action per project, but several within a single project raises
internal warnings.

> As I'm working in a team, I have long searched for a way to tell Orgmode
> who is with me at a certain moment and display the things that have to
> be done together with the(se) person(s). I have recently discovered
> org-secretary for that purpose. For the above case, if Volkard enters my
> office, I tell Emacs that he is now with me, and a special agenda view
> displays all the things I want to do with him. This is what the "dowith"
> property is for.

*** All right, so I'm looking up org-secretary.el.  I like this
approach.

> Apart from PROJECTS and contexts I have two more tags defined: BIGROCK
> and MIT. The first is given to projects that I want to concentrate on
> this week (never more than 3 projects contain that tag). MIT means "Most
> Important Thing (of the day)". I use this tag to mark three to four NEXT
> actions every night. These are the first things I care for on the next
> day.

*** So you do maintain multiple NEXT actions per project?

Thank you again for your invaluable input.

==
hk