[Orgmode] Not a bug, but ...

From: Jean-Marie Gaillourdet
Subject: [Orgmode] Not a bug, but ...
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 11:41:01 +0200

Hi,

On 25.06.2010, at 22:19, Matt Lundin wrote:

> Jean-Marie Gaillourdet <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I've been trying to make org-stuck-projects work as advertised, but
>> wasn't successfull.
>>
>> But let's start with what I'd like to achieve. My projects are marked
>> with a todo keyword PROJECT. I would like to consider every project
>> which has neither a task with keyword TODO nor a task with keyword
>> STARTED as stuck. Especially, this means a project may contain tasks
>> with active todo keywords, e.g. DELEGATED or WAITING, but it is still
>> considered stuck.
>>
>> After reading the manual and the doc-string of org-stuck-projects. I
>> think the following value should achieve this.
>>
>> (setq org-stuck-projects '("/PROJECT" ("TODO" "STARTED") nil ""))
>>
>> But every sub task of the project with an active todo keywords make a
>> project unstuck. I have the impression the list ("TODO" "STARTED") is
>> completely ignored. The following project should appear on the list of
>> stuck projects, but it does not.
>>
>> * PROJECT Testprojekt                                           :inproject:
>> *** DELEGATED a delegated subtask
>>

> I cannot replicate this. Using the setting above, I called
> org-agenda-list-stuck-projects on the following file:

> #+TODO: TODO PROJECT DELEGATED WAITING | DONE
>
> * PROJECT Testprojekt
> :inproject:
> ** DELEGATED a delegated subtask
> * PROJECT Another test
> ** TODO A todo
>
> The agenda yielded the correct results:

> List of stuck projects:
>  test:       PROJECT Testprojekt
> :inproject:

Finally, I've understood the problem. Testprojekt does not appear on my stuck
projects list, because I've enabled org-enforce-todo-dependencies and I use
(org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks 'invisible). Testprojekt is just hidden in the
stuck projects, as is every project with any kind of non-closed sub task.
Perhaps org-agenda-list-stuck-projects should ignore the value of
org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks in general?

Currently, I use the following function to circumvent the hiding of my stuck
projects.

(defun jmg/stuck-projects ()
 (interactive)
 (let ((org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks nil))
   (org-agenda-list-stuck-projects)
   ))

Is it possible to bind it to the standard agenda shortcut C-c a # ? Or to
achieve the same effect just with special agenda command configuration?

Thanks, for your help.

Regards,
Jean