Re: [Orgmode] Re: *.bak files in trunk?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: *.bak files in trunk?
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 06:27:43 +0200

On Jun 29, 2010, at 2:45 AM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

Daniel Mahler <address@hidden> writes:

Is this normal?

mahler:~/ELISP/org-mode-git$ git status
# On branch master
nothing to commit (working directory clean)
mahler:~/ELISP/org-mode-git$ find . -name "*.bak"
./lisp/ChangeLog.bak
./lisp/babel/langs/ob-C.el.bak
./lisp/org-capture.el.bak.bak.bak.bak
./lisp/org-macs.elc.bak.bak.bak.bak
./lisp/org-publish.elc.bak.bak.bak.bak

Hi Daniel,

I don't think those files are in the repository but they are in  your
local working directory.  There is an entry '*.bak' in the .gitignore
file in the repository so 'git status' will not show these files by
default (since they are ignored).

You can see untracked files with

$ git ls-files -o

$ git ls-files '*.bak'
returns nothing for me so there are no files ending in '.bak' in the
repository as far as I can tell.

The bigger problem seems to be that something is creating these files.
Bu I have no idea what, noting in Org-mode I would think,
must be some utility or stuff in Daniel's setup.

- Carsten