[Orgmode] Re: [ANN] Org-babel integrated into Org-mode

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [ANN] Org-babel integrated into Org-mode
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:01:53 -0400

Hi Nick,

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> When I run make clean && make && make install I find that the language
>> directory is not installed. Does the langs directory require a manual
>> installation?
>>

> It's part of the git repository, so it should be present after you do a
> git pull.

My apologies if my question wasn't clear. Yes, I can see the langs
directory in the org-mode repo. The problem, however, is that "make
install" does not copy the lang files to the target lispdir (in my case,
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp). I'm not sure about the conventional
way to handle such installation in a Makefile, but it seems that the
babel/langs/* files have to added to LISPF.

>> Also, with make install, the ob-* files are installed on the same level
>> as the org-files, yet lines 108-114 in org.el indicate that they should
>> be installed in a babel subdirectory.
>>

> Not here: they end up in <org-mode>/lisp/babel.

What does <org-mode> represent here? Are you invoking "make install" to
install to a target directory (lispdir) or are you simply leaving the
compiled lisp files in place in the local org-mode repository?

This section of the lisp file flattens out the lisp/babel hierarchy in
the repo when copying to the target directory:

install-lisp: $(LISPFILES) $(ELCFILES)
    if [ ! -d $(lispdir) ]; then $(MKDIR) $(lispdir); else true; fi ;
    $(CP) $(LISPFILES) $(lispdir)
    $(CP) $(ELCFILES)  $(lispdir)

Thanks,
Matt