Re: [Orgmode] Re: latex export and booktabs tables

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: latex export and booktabs tables
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:01:47 -1000

Hi Eric,

Sweet!

Here is a stripped-down version that integrates with the AucTeX function, (LaTeX-environment ARG).

#+srcname: booktabs-2
#+begin_src emacs-lisp :var table='((:head) hline (:body))
 (flet ((to-tab (tab)
                (orgtbl-to-generic
                 (mapcar (lambda (lis)
                           (if (listp lis)
                               (mapcar (lambda (el)
                                         (if (stringp el)
                                             el
                                           (format "%S" el))) lis)
                             lis)) tab)
                 (list :lend " \\\\" :sep " & " :hline "\\hline"))))
   (org-fill-template
    "
 \\toprule
 %table
 \\bottomrule\n"
    (list
     (cons "table"
;; only use \midrule if it looks like there are column headers
           (if (equal 'hline (second table))
               (concat (to-tab (list (first table)))
                       "\n\\midrule\n"
                       (to-tab (cddr table)))
             (to-tab table))))))
#+end_src

Here is an example of how I intend to use it.

#+srcname: test
#+begin_src latex :noweb yes
  \begin{table}[htb!]
    \centering
    \caption{A test table}
    \label{tab:test}
    \begin{tabular}{rl}
      <<booktabs-2(table=months)>>
    \end{tabular}
  \end{table}
#+end_src

Everything around the noweb reference was due to the AucTeX function.

Thanks for the two Library of Babel functions. I'll be using them a lot!

All the best,
Tom