Re: [Orgmode] Re: Exporting narrowed subtrees to HTML

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Exporting narrowed subtrees to HTML
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 09:26:19 +0200

On Jul 1, 2010, at 9:07 AM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

Matt Lundin <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Bernt,

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

I am working in a deeply nested org file and have narrowed to subtree
for the part of the file I'm working on which happens to start at
heading level 5.

I want to export this narrowed subtree to HTML but the first HTML
heading level matches the file instead of starting from heading
level 2. This makes the resulting HTML output not as pretty as it could
be.

If you select the subtree with C-c @ (outline-mark-subtree), it should
export properly:

Cool!  I didn't know about that.  It only seems to work if transient
mark mode is enabled (but I have that on already).

I posted a patch for exporting a narrowed to subtree HTML export but it
gives slightly different results from selecting the tree with C-c @ --
the title (<h1>) is the name of the org-file similar to exporting the
entire document.

The tree uses the first headline as the title of the exported file, and
its children become the top-level sectioning structure.  I think this is
the best behavior, and unless you push more I will reject yesterdays patch.
OK?

- Carsten