Re: [Orgmode] Re: [ANN] Org-babel integrated into Org-mode

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [ANN] Org-babel integrated into Org-mode
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 11:52:06 -0700

Hi Carsten,

> Hi Eric, thanks for this.
>
> I would actually like to have a variable that will exclude evaluation
> from being added to the C-c C-c hook.  I think users will understand
> better how to use this, and customizing it will work for sure.
> Explicitly removing it from the hook will only work after load time.

I've made this change and updated it in the safety-babel branch, which
is also rebase'd against the current master head, so it will need to be
pulled with a "git pull -f" (and will overwrite any local changes you
have in that branch so be careful).

> We should also add
>
> (put 'org-confirm-babel-evaluate
>      'safe-local-variable
>      (lambda (x) (eq x t)))

This is also added

> After the definition of org-confirm-babel-evaluate to avoid that
> malicious code can change this setting through file variables.
>
> I have made a first draft of the security section in the manual,
> please take a look, add to it, and add a link to it from a good location
> in chapter 14.

I'm not able to find this section.  Which branch is it in?

Thanks -- Eric