[Orgmode] org-capture-templates : should symbols work as a file target ?

From: Julien Fantin
Subject: [Orgmode] org-capture-templates : should symbols work as a file target ?
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 22:11:53 +0200

Hi folks,

I'v been trying to setup an org-capture template using a symbol as the file target, but this raises an error.
Someone on IRC mentionned this is probably a bug, but I'm not experienced enough to be sure I'm not simply misusing it...

Here is the bit of config in question:

* Files
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(setq org-directory  (concat (getenv "HOME") "/org/"))
(setq organizer (concat org-directory "organizer.org"))
#+END_SRC

* Capture
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(setq org-default-notes-files organizer)
#+END_SRC

** Templates
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(setq org-capture-templates
       `(
        ("t" "Task" entry
         (file+headline  organizer "Tasks")
         "* TODO %?\n%U")

        ("j" "Journal" entry
         (file+datetree "~/org/journal.org")
         "* %?\nEntered on %U\n %i\n %a")
        ))
#+END_SRC

Which results in the following message when the first template is selected  after executing org-capture:

org-find-base-buffer-visiting: Wrong type argument: stringp, organizer

So is this actually a bug ?
If not, could anyone enlighten me as to how I could manage to reuse this 'organizer in the form ?

Cheers !