Re: [Orgmode] hypermedia programming with babel

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] hypermedia programming with babel
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 16:08:07 -0700

Erik Iverson <address@hidden> writes:

>>> How can I help next?
>>
>> Babel in general is in need of some language-specific introductory
>> tutorials, with the goal of laying out the basic usage plenty of
>> examples covering simple use case e.g.
>> - author a shell script which can be tangled out to an executable
>> - simple processing of data in tables, or execution of code blocks with
>>   the output captured in the buffer
>
> What format do you have in mind for these? I'd be glad to work on R examples.

I was thinking these would take the form of .org files with the
explanatory text and the actual source code, we could then export them
to HTML and post that up on Worg, and we could also share the raw .org
files from Worg.

R examples would be great.

I think the most important languages to do up front (i.e. those
languages with the most potential users) would be R, python, shell,
emacs-lisp, and ruby (although my guesses at popularity could be wrong).

Thanks! -- Eric