Re: [Orgmode] Org+table.el = mutli line cells?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org+table.el = mutli line cells?
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 10:41:40 +0200

On Jul 2, 2010, at 4:54 PM, John Hendy wrote:

- Thanks for the table link, though I only see how to change frames and borders on the provided link. Do I just need to pass some html/ css option through #+ATTR_HTML?

- Also... stupid me. I meant to specify that I'm looking to do this in LaTeX, not necessarily html, though I'm glad to have knowledge of both.

After more reading, this seems pretty doable through the 'p{width}' alignment option which seems to work through #+ATTR_LaTeX to control automatic wrapping in a cell. My remaining question is whether or not it's possible to enable tabular* instead of the default environment as then I could limit both columns and determine table widths. I don't know that tabular seems to have this option?

After git pull, you can do

(setq org-export-latex-tabular-environment "tabular*")

HTH

- Carsten

Thanks,
John