Re: [Orgmode] org-babel-tangle-lang-exts must be initialized? how to get

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-babel-tangle-lang-exts must be initialized? how to get syntax coloring?
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 22:41:43 -0700

Hi Nicholas,

There are a couple of problems.  The first was a missing autoload in
org.el which I've now inserted (thanks for helping this issue come to
light).  The second has to do with your config.  I believe you are
instance of Org-mode on your load path is the newest version, you can
run M-x org-version to see what version you are currently running,
when I run that command the output starts with

  Org-mode version 6.36trans

If yours starts with the same then you should be fine.

I'm attaching a modified version of your init which worked for me
against the latest Org-mode from git.  A couple of differences worth
noting in my modified version are

- I'm putting the path to the org-mode git repository on my load path

- I removed the calls to font-lock mode which shouldn't be necessary
  with current versions of Emacs

- I fixed the call to `org-babel-do-load-languages' so that it's
  second argument is the org-babel-load-languages variable

- I'm not loading ruby (which I just did to simplify my test of a
  minimal Emacs config -- you should be able to replace it)

Please do a git pull on the Org-mode repo, re-run make clean && make,
and then give this new config file a try (with the org-mode load path
adjusted to your system) and let me know how it goes.

Best -- Eric