Re: [Orgmode] [BUG] #+begin_src wo. language blocks XHTML export

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [BUG] #+begin_src wo. language blocks XHTML export
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:11:21 +0200

On Jul 12, 2010, at 10:13 AM, David Maus wrote:

SEric Schulte wrote:
"Thomas S. Dye" <address@hidden> writes:

On Jul 8, 2010, at 9:09 AM, Eric Schulte wrote:

Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

It can be considered an error, since the docs say:

"...This is done with the ‘src’ block, where you also need to
specify the name of the major mode that should be used to fontify
the example..."

I would vote that this be considered an error as a source block
doesn't make sense w/o a source language. If others agree with this
interpretation, I would be happy to submit a patch which actively
raises an errors when this cases is encountered.

Cheers -- Eric

This seems like the right approach to me.

Tom

As promised here's a patch which raises errors when source blocks don't have a specified language. I would prefer if the error could indicate which block caused the problem, but I don't know how to accomplish this.

Maybe we could store a marker in a text property of (source) blocks
right before they are processed in the input file?

The problem here is that during export, the source code is taken
from a temporary buffer containing an already modifed copy of the
original buffer.

Another solution would be to include into the message is short
part of the code itself (maybe the first line...) - this should
make it possible to identify the problematic block reasonably easily.

- Carsten