Re: [Orgmode] Renumbering of footnotes, and list line spaces

From: David Maus
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Renumbering of footnotes, and list line spaces
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 17:09:53 +0200

Adam wrote:
>Am using Org-mode version 6.21b

>The Org Manual section 2.10, suggest that  s, r, S, n, d  commands are
>available if a prefix-argument is supplied to the Footnote action command
>C-c C-x f.

>When I enter   C-u  C-c  C-x  f     a footnote command menu appears with
>only the following;     [s]ort  |  convert to [n]umeric  |  [d]elete

The manual is about current Org mode and 6.21b did just support sorting,
converting and deleting footnotes.  So no renumbering in 6.21b.

>I wish to Sort or to Renumber the footnotes. Sort does not appear to sort
>the collection numerically, and renumber seems unavailable.

I've tried to sort and it works: The footnotes in the footnote section
are sorted by their appearance in the main text.  E.g.

,----
| * This is just a test
|
|   Here is the first, but has number two!!!!11!!1[fn:2]
|
|   Here is one [fn:1].
|
| * Footnotes
|
| [fn:1] A footnote!
|
| [fn:2] See!
`----

Becomes

,----
| * This is just a test
|
|   Here is the first, but has number two!!!!11!!1[fn:2]
|
|   Here is one [fn:1].
|
| * Footnotes
| [fn:2] See!
|
| [fn:1] A footnote!

`----

After sorting (C-u C-c C-x f s).

>For Plain Lists,  I wish to include a line space after each list entry. Is
>there a simple way to do this ?

Create the new list item by pressing M-RET.

HTH
  -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6