[Orgmode] RE: Re Audible reminder in org-mode not working

From: evita moreno
Subject: [Orgmode] RE: Re Audible reminder in org-mode not working
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:06:49 +0000

Hello Matt (and thank you for your time!),

Typing
$ sudo lsmod | grep pcspkr
in my terminal does not give anything. It simply shows the next prompt (if I am using the correct terminology - I am new in emacs and Linux!).

I was able to change the value of the visible bell but I was not able to find a corresponding option for the ring-bell-function. More specifically, the former comes up with a menu/button inside the buffer, which, if selected, allows one to modify value of the visible-bell. The latter (i.e., the ring-bell-function) does not offer such an option.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Maybe it is the distribution that disables the audible bell.

Many thanks once more,

Evita