Re: [Orgmode] Patchwork: Patch 138 Accepted

From: Friedrich Delgado
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Patchwork: Patch 138 Accepted
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:45:23 +0200

Hi again.

Nick Dokos schrieb:
> Friedrich Delgado <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I'd appreciate if the subject line and body of those patchwork mails
> > could be a little more informative, since I can't really be bothered
> > to click on those urls in order to figure out what's going on.
> I'm really trying to be nice here and not be an officious bastard,
> but

That's always a good start...

> wouldn't it be more politic to express yourself a bit differently?  It
> seems to me that if I'm trying to convince somebody else to do some

My intention wasn't to be condescending, just honest.

> amount of work so that I don't have to do a (minuscule) amount of work
> on my side, then pointing out that *I* can't be bothered does not invite
> much sympathy, let alone a desire to comply with the request.
---Zitatende---

And I agree that my choice of words may not be terribly motivating.

However I figured that there are a lot of readers on this mailing list
whose "minuscule" amount of work in order to make some sense out of
these mails will probably add up to a considerably higher effort than
the amount of work needed to make those mails a bit more informative.

I might be wrong about that, of course.

--
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <address@hidden>
                             TauPan on Ircnet and Freenode ;)