Re: [Orgmode] word wrap preferences in org-mode buffers

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] word wrap preferences in org-mode buffers
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 22:55:40 +0200

Erik Iverson <address@hidden> writes:
> Hello,
>
> As I use org-mode more and more for actually writing things, I'm wondering
> what
> your favorite Emacs word/line-wrapping mode is.
>
> Basically, I see two main ways of doing this, auto-fill-mode and
> visual-line-mode.  Any others that you all use?  If you use auto-fill-mode or
> visual-line-mode, are there any obvious drawbacks, particularly regarding
> org-tables and source code blocks.

I have this here bound to `SUPER-t':

    (defun sr-toggle-truncate-lines ()
      "Lange Zeilen abschneiden, oder eben nicht."
      (interactive)
      (setq truncate-lines (if truncate-lines nil t)))

I use it to toggle truncate-lines in the rare cases I have to edit a
longish piece of text, that must be on one line.

auto-fill-mode is wonderfull.  I just type ahead and it breaks the lines
as desired.  I use in all buffers.

visual-line-mode and longlines-mode are not an option.
(I confess, that I even refuse to read such unformatted e-mails every
now and then.  Those mails are unreadable on a large screen with
longlines-mode turned off =P )

  Sebastian