Re: [Orgmode] [babel] feature request - tangle-and-evaluate-tangled-file

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] feature request - tangle-and-evaluate-tangled-file
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:58:53 -0700

Hi Rainer,

I've just pushed up a fix for the org-babel-post-tangle-hook.

With a minimal org-babel configuration, if I open the following file.

** tangle R and load
  :PROPERTIES:
  :tangle:   to-load.r
  :END:

evaluate this
#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results silent :tangle no
  (add-hook 'org-babel-post-tangle-hook
            (lambda () (message "I'm in %s" (buffer-file-name))))
#+end_src

then tangle

#+begin_src R :comments yes
 x <- 8
#+end_src

#+begin_src R
 y <- 9
#+end_src

evaluate the emacs-lisp code block to initialize my post-tangle-hook,
and then tangle the very same file, I see the following in my messages
buffer, indicating that the correct file is now being visited.

Wrote /home/eschulte/Desktop/to-load.r [2 times]
tangled 2 code blocks
I'm in /home/eschulte/Desktop/to-load.r

Hopefully this will now work for you as well.

Thanks -- Eric