Re: [Orgmode] Re: Behavior of Gnus when called from an hyperlink

From: David Maus
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Behavior of Gnus when called from an hyperlink
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:02:58 +0200

Tassilo Horn wrote:
>> I guess I will have to dive that side (not now -- going to sleep).
>> Don't know if that gives hints yet, or not...

>Please check, if that function is that slow for all message-ids or if
>that's only for some.  The function has a "FIXME: Should this try to use
>CHARSET?  -- fx", and maybe this answer has to be answered with Yes!

I think this is not very likely: With the CHARSET argument a client
can inform the server that the search string is in a charset different
than the default 7bit ASCII (Cf. rfc3501, 6.4.4).

You could rule out the server being the culprit by performing the
search manually:

gnutls-cli --crlf --port 993 your.mail.host.here

0x1 LOGIN "user" "password"
0x2 SELECT Inbox.work
0x3 SEARCH HEADER "Message-ID" "message id w/o angle brackets"

0x4 LOGOUT

My main account uses Courier on Debian, too and search for a
particular message id within ~7000 messages is quite fast.

Couldn't find this information in the tread: Is it slow for a
particular message or slow on Inbox.work in general?

HTH,
  -- David

--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6