Re: [Orgmode] org capture: use org-default-notes-file

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org capture: use org-default-notes-file
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 09:27:49 +0200

On Jul 20, 2010, at 3:09 AM, StephenL wrote:

Using the latest and greatest 7.01...

Is it possible to use the variable org-default-notes-file in the org capture settings?

I have a lot of org capture templates and I would rather set the file in one location then have to set it for each template. I would think it is possible with the org-default-notes-file, but no matter how I try to use it in the template it doesn't work. I get errors such as expecting stringp.

See below. I would like to do something similar to the todo entry and not the note entry where I need to explicitly specify the file.

This should now work.  If the file is either nil (not recommended
because then the customize interface does not work) or the empty string,
org-default-notes-file will be used instead.

- Carsten

Thanks for any help.

Stephen

;;; Org Capture
(setq org-default-notes-file (concat org-directory "/refile.org"))
    (define-key global-map (kbd "C-c c") 'org-capture)

(setq org-capture-templates
'(("t" "todo" entry (file+headline org-default-notes-file "ToDo") "* TODO %?\n %U\n ") ("n" "note" entry (file+headline "/Users/stephen/Dropbox/org/ refile.org" "Notes") "* %?\n %U\n ")
                                    ))