[Orgmode] Re: Behavior of Gnus when called from an hyperlink

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Behavior of Gnus when called from an hyperlink
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:50:00 +0200

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden>
writes:

Hi Sébastien,

>> My main account uses Courier on Debian, too and search for a
>> particular message id within ~7000 messages is quite fast.
>
> In my case, the culprit seems well to be our mail server, then.

Yes, but not you've learned much about profiling and debugging
elisp. ;-)

> What would be your pieces of advice in such a case? Do I need to test
> something extra? Get a local imap server? Others (like asking for
> fixing the search on our Courier mail server)?

I'd definitively drop a mail to the admins.  Searching for a message-id
is quite a common task, so that should be as fast as possible.  And I'm
pretty sure Courier has some option to index at least the message-ids.

I used at least Dovecot and Cyrus IMAP servers, and both support such a
feature.  I'd really wonder if Courier didn't support that.

Bye,
Tassilo