Re: [Orgmode] Personal accounting with emacs, org and...?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Personal accounting with emacs, org and...?
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 10:06:48 +0100

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 01:26:29 -0500, Russell Adams <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 01:20:58AM -0500, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:
> > Hey list,
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone out there manages his personal accounting
> > with org. I never really managed my personal finances, but I think
> > it's about time to know where my money comes from and where it is
> > going (and where the leaks are :P). I would use something like
> > lessaccounting.com, but I would rather integrate it into my
> > orgmode-based PIM. Any ideas?
>
> I use John Wiegley's Ledger (of Remember fame), which is a CLI tool
> that does reporting against plain text files.
>
> I do my expense reporting and business accounting in it. Very flexible
> and because it is text based, I can use version control and emacs.

and, with org-babel, you can place your ledger entries in an org
file...  I have a simple ob-ledger implementation which doesn't do
tangling yet (as I don't yet know how to provide this level of
support) but it does work for single blocks of ledger entries.
--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D