Re: [Orgmode] Installation - no way

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Installation - no way
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:09:38 -0500

Lars,

Org ships with Emacs, even for Windows.

Go here and get the latest binary zip file:
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/

It comes with a very basic Windows installer, after you install you
should launch Emacs with the "RunEmacs.exe" file.

You can also associate RunEmacs as the program for all files ending in
.org.

When you launch Emacs, open a file using the menu, then type:

Alt-x org-mode <enter>

Then enjoy!

I'd suggest you do some reading on basic Emacs tutorials, because Org
is an addon to Emacs and you'll want to become proficient ASAP. Then
you can start to appreciate the magic of Org.

Don't let it intimidate you, Org is suitable for all levels of
computer users. Customization can be more difficult than a WYSIWYG
app, but it works out of the box.

Good luck!