[Orgmode] Re: include value of single table cell in text?

From: Austin Frank
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: include value of single table cell in text?
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 14:38:18 -0400

On Tue, Jul 27 2010, Eric Schulte wrote:

> The following should work.  It uses an inline code block
>
> #+TBLNAME:  test-table
> | key | value |
> |-----+-------|
> | a   |     1 |
> | b   |     2 |
>
> Is there any way to refer to cell @2$2 within the text of an org-mode
> document, and have that reference converted to the value
> src_emacs-lisp[:var d=test-table[3,1]]{d} during export?

Eric--

This is great!  Thanks very much.  If you're accepting feature requests,
I'd still love to have a way to use org-table reference syntax to embed
cell values inline.  I don't know whether this is better thought of as a
core or babel feature, though.

Looking at the source of org-table-fix-formulas and
org-table-eval-formula in org-table.el, there may be some room for
refactoring the reference resolution procedure into a standalone
function.  I'm in the middle of wrapping up my thesis and moving, so I
definitely won't look at this any time soon.  If this itch still needs
scratching in September I may revisit it then.  If a talented soul
addresses it before then, even better!

Thanks again,
/au

--