Re: [Orgmode] Help installing org-mode on a MAC please?

From: Erwin Panen
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Help installing org-mode on a MAC please?
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 15:37:29 +0200

Hi Juan,

Thanks a lot for your information and help!
I've edited my makefile according to your example, and everything ran without any error, so thanks a lot for that.

I must admit being somehow confused with all my previous trials dispersed over the past couple of months....
I know I've also installed fink, and I also have emacs under fink somewhere.
Next to that I also had Aquamacs, and Emcsformacosx.

In the mean time I decided to stick with Emacsformacosx for the time being, the reason being that I want to have as much "standard" behaviour as possible.

I'm also looking into setting up org-mode with MobileOrg. I use DropBox for cloud storage.

Now I copied over my .emacs config file from my winXP box to my Mac. Of course this is a lot different if only for the path and pathstructure.
Now I seem to find e.g. that emacsformacosx is incomplete (if I'm correct).
I don't find any bbdb nor the typical lisp folder....
(GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.29 of 2010-05-09 on black.local)

I also suffer from keyboard shortcut difficulties. (I'm on azerty / laptop keyb) I'm totally unable to get square brackets on my Mac. I can type them in other applications, but not in Emacs.
Do you know of a way around this?

Thanks for helping out,

Erwin