Re: [Orgmode] Re: Email from org?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Email from org?
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 15:21:01 -0600

Hi Ethan,

Ethan Ligon <address@hidden> writes:

[...]
> Then a transition in workflow state from EMAIL to WAITING would cause
> (perhaps via org-mime) the construction of an email
>
>   From: address@hidden
>   To: address@hidden
>   Subject: What is the optimal frequency?
>   Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 13:36:14 -0700
>
>   Dear Ken-
>
>   Could you please let me know when you've made progress on computing
>   the optimal frequency?
>
>   Thanks,
>   -Ethan
>
> which would then be automagically fed into an SMTP client for
> delivery.  Critically, one would *not* need to interrupt one's work
> flow in order to go mess around with a mail client; a simple \C-c\C-t
> or similar would send the email on its way.

The following function might get part way towards what you describe.

(defun org-send-email-of-headline ()
  (interactive)
  (let ((subject (org-get-heading t))
        (to (org-entry-get (point) "mailto")))
    (outline-mark-subtree)
    (org-mime-org-buffer-htmlize)
    (save-excursion
      (message-goto-to) (insert to)
      (message-goto-subject) (insert subject))))

Best -- Eric