Re: [Orgmode] Footnote export

From: Jan Böcker
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Footnote export
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 07:27:50 +0200

On 07/31/2010 05:17 AM, Typhoon wrote:
> I write legal texts and often need to reference case law like this:
>
> /Pyke v The Hibernian Bank Limited/ [1950] IR 195
>
> Obviously, I don't want the [1950] to be a footnote. What do I do?
>
> Thanks,
> Alan

Hi Alan,

you can add the following line:

at the start of your Org file to disable footnotes entirely. For more
information, see "12.3 Export Options" in the manual.

You could also insert the unicode character "zero width space" after the
opening bracket like this:

M-x ucs-insert 200B <RET>

That is a handy trick I got from reading this very list some time ago
(sorry, I don't remember who had posted that), although I imagine that
gets tedious after a while.

I do not know if it is possible to disable plain footnotes while still
using the [fn:1] syntax.

HTH, Jan