[Orgmode] MobileOrg - One step further

From: Erwin Panen
Subject: [Orgmode] MobileOrg - One step further
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 15:47:00 +0200

Hi,

Thanks to numerous helpfull instructions from Richard Moreland, I'm trying to take MobileOrg one step further.

Here's what I try to do:
- I've setup MobileOrg on 3 devices: My Mac, my winXP machine and my iPad.

At first I wanted stuff to work between my MacBook and the iPad, as most required stuff is present on the Mac by default. (md5sum) Next, I've updated my XP Orgmode version to be the same as my Mac's (6.36trans) On my XP machine, I have Emacs on a USB 2 1/2" harddisk, and I've added these lines to my .emacs file:
------------------------------------
;; MobileOrg
(setq org-mobile-directory "C:/Documents and Settings/erwin/My Documents/My Dropbox/MobileOrg")
(setq org-mobile-inbox-for-pull "~/git/org/from-mobile.org")

;; Checksumming
(setq org-mobile-checksum-binary "K:/winpack/msys/bin/md5sum.exe")
------------------------------------

Now all seems well, and I was really wondering how multi-device syching would behave. I'm not sure if it's supposed to function at all, and would welcome any practical experience from other users reading this.

So I created a simple new-tasklist.org file with a couple of TODO items
I did this on the Mac, and took care to have only new-tasklist.org in the agenda files.
Next I did org-mobile-push
Next a sync on the iPad
So far all came perfectly through.

I then copied over this very same ~/git/org/new-tasklist.org file to my XP ~/git/org/directory
Next I added this file to my Agenda files list on XP's Orgmode.
Then I changed one TODO status to DONE.
Next I did a org-mobile-push.

Next synched back on the iPad.
Now I found all my Agenda files copied over to my iPad, but the new-tasklist.org wasn't there

What is happening here? Will md5sum.exe calculate and detect a difference in new-tasklist.org?
Or is it just by design not intended to do multiple device sync?

Thanks a lot for your help & insight!

Erwin