Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] org-protocol-httpd

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] org-protocol-httpd
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 14:10:53 +0900

Hi Andreas,

this sounds very interesting and I would like to look further inside.
The following idea just came to my mind:
Might it be possible to use org-protocol-httpd as a server for
mobileorg? Because this would allow to have a light-weight client on a
smartphone (only to display the requested results) and to do all the
magic within org-mode and emacs on the server side.
E.g. I could ask the server to generate dynamically a particular
html-export of an agenda and display it in a browser like application on
my phone. Sure there need to be something like https and some other
security measures if it operates as an public accessible server.

However, by using the original export functions of org-mode, there would
be no need to parse org-files throw other programs to extract the
necessary information.

Running a emacs session on a server might be strange for some, but the
smartphone application might even provide a way to connect over ssh to
the emacs session. With this you would have easy viewing and simple
editing of org-mode files and if needed a full featured org-mode session
on your smartphone (yep I'm aware some here run emacs natively on there
phone).

Best regards

Torsten