Re: [Orgmode] text color + highlight

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] text color + highlight
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 14:17:07 +0200

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently seen similar requests on this list.
>
> The attached patch provides a first pass at this support implementing
> both in-buffer coloring given the following syntax, and html export (I
> don't know the correct LaTeX syntax, but it shouldn't be hard to extend
> this to LaTeX as well).  This uses something like the LaTeX Beamer
> \color{}{} directive, for example...
>
>   My name is \color{red}{eric} schulte.
>
> Would result in the word "eric" appearing in red.  Even though I
> implemented the syntax above, I'm *not* recommending this syntax, it
> feels decidedly more like "latex" than "org", it was simply the only
> obvious option for this initial implementation.

Well, why not keep that syntax, but add another one:

 --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8--

#+color: red
*  This entired entry is in red color

   The contents too.

* Back to normal

  Some text.

  #+color: green
  This next something (a pragraph in this case) is in green color.

  back to normal

 --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8--

Maybe it's easier to make the comment color the next line only?

How about

    #+style: color=red weight=bold

Or

    #+red
    #+bold
    I'm red and bold.

Something like this.  It's easier to just add a comment, than to wrap a
region.  Curly braces are hard to type on a german keyboard.

Just jump to the beginning of a line and type `#+red RET' seems easier
to me.  To remove `#+red', `C-k C-k' is enough.  No need to learn
another Shortcut.

  Sebastian