Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode-version command now includes the text TAG=

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode-version command now includes the text TAG=
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 09:04:57 +0200

On Jul 25, 2010, at 3:21 AM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

Charles Cave <address@hidden> writes:

I ran the command org-mode-version to verify that the latest version
of the software had been installed. The text displayed in the mini buffer was

Org-mode version TAG=7.01g

In previous versions, the text TAG= did not appear.

Is this an enhancement or a bug?

Hi Charles,

I can confirm that for release 7.01g M-x org-version reports

Org-mode version TAG=7.01g (release_7.01g)

For 7.01f it says

Org-mode version 7.01f (release_7.01f)

For the current master I get

Org-mode version 7.01trans (release_7.01g.24.g6b5cf)

I think the TAG= is an artifact of Carsten's new release script and it's
probably not supposed to be there.

Yes.  Fixed now.

- Carsten

 We'll have to wait until Carsten
returns from vacation to get an answer for this one I think.

Regards,
Bernt