Re: [Orgmode] [babel] confusion about org-confirm-babel-evaluate

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] confusion about org-confirm-babel-evaluate
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 16:08:44 +0100

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 09:59:02 -0500, Erik Iverson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Eric S Fraga wrote:
> > On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 08:44:42 -0500, Erik Iverson <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> Can you try setting it via setq (i.e., globally) and see what happens?

> > [...]
> >
> > Erik,
> >
> > setting it globally (well, through customize as with setq didn't
> > actually change the global value) works just fine so there must be
> > some problem with the local value being ignored (I don't know enough
> > about emacs variables to understand the distinction, at the level of
> > lisp programming, between global and buffer local variables)?
> >
> > Of course, I'm not comfortable with the global setting for all the
> > reasons already discussed on this list!
>
> If you look at the definition of org-confirm-babel-evaluate, you'll see:
>
> ;; don't allow this variable to be changed through file settings
> (put 'org-confirm-babel-evaluate 'safe-local-variable (lambda (x) (eq x t)))
>
> I'll guess as to why this is.  You might not want to have a malicious
> file essentially being able to override the very feature meant to
> protect the user. I could be off base with that.  I'm guessing there
> is a solution to your problem, I just don't know it.

Ahhh...

I can see the reasoning behind this but I guess the question becomes
one of whether there is any way to turn this off for a file I am
working on without having to turn it off globally?  If not, I could
turn it off globally for a while... not a big deal, I guess.

Thanks!

eric
--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D