Re: [Orgmode] Re: skip entry with inherited tags

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: skip entry with inherited tags
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 14:50:33 +0200

On Aug 4, 2010, at 11:38 PM, Martin Pohlack wrote:

Hi Carsten,

On 22.07.2010 09:38, Carsten Dominik wrote:
Hi Martin,

On Jul 21, 2010, at 4:32 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

Hi Martin,

I just looked at your patch.

If I have a normal agenda (i.e. *not* a block agenda), then your
patch will cause the preset filter *not* to be applied.

OK, that was obviously incorrect, sorry about that.

However, it still does not work correctly, here is the counter example:

* TODO test 1                                                             :a:
* TODO test 2                                                             :b:

* at 1                                                                    :a:
  SCHEDULED: <2010-07-22 Thu>
* at 1                                                                    :b:
  SCHEDULED: <2010-07-22 Thu>

Here is what I found to be incorrect.

* For unmodified org-mode, this ignores the org-agenda-filter-preset.
 Is this what you mean or is anything else broken?

* For my patched version, too much is hidden and only revealed after
 clearing the global filter.  Did you mean anything else?

With this custom command:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("x" "testmartin"
         ((agenda "" ((org-agenda-filter-preset '("+a"))))
          (alltodo "" ((org-agenda-filter-preset '("+b")))))
         nil nil)))

the result is incorrect, both with and without your patch.

But in different ways, as state above.

Yes, in different ways.

The internal logic of the filter and the preset filter is such that
it applies to the entire view, and you should not set in the local
options for a command that is part of a block agenda view.

Well, it is already partly there in that local filters are stored in
text properties for each line. Maybe we can extend this a bit to remove
this limitation?

I think this will be tidious.  For block agendas, I guess a skip
condition will be better than filtering.

Best wishes

- Carsten

I will look into it if I have more time.

Cheers,
Martin

- Carsten