[Orgmode] Re: Links Lost and Export-Report

From: Stefan Vollmar
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Links Lost and Export-Report
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:51:36 +0200

Dear Bernt,

On 18.08.2010, at 18:13, Bernt Hansen wrote:

> Stefan Vollmar <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I currently have a "showstopper-class" problem with links. I am using
>> Org-mode release_7.01h-129-g3363a with Emacs 23.2.1. I have
>>
>> (require 'org-install)
>> (require 'org-id)
>>
>> in my .emacs file.
>>
>> This works fine:
>>
>> (1) org-link-to-org-use-id is t and when I do a C-c l (org-store-link), a "a
>> globally unique ID property" is generated for the current section - so far
>> so good.
>> (2) I then change to another org-file and insert the link with C-c C-l
>> (org-store-link), looking at the org source shows me that, indeed, the newly
>> generated ID ("id:3A50..." in that example) has been used.
>> (3) When I do a C-c C-o (org-open-at-point) on the new link, the target
>> org-file is opened at exactly the right place - nice!
>> (4) When I export the file as HTML, the link works exactly as expected: "<a
>> href="some-file.html#ID-3A50...">
>>
>> Here is the problem: I have two computers with very similar setups (Emacs
>> and Org-mode: same versions; laptop and desktop) and synchronize org-files
>> via a subversion repository. If I do a subversion update (sync the org-files
>> to that computer) and then export to HTML on that computer, the previously
>> working links do not work any more: there is no "#ID-..." in the link, in
>> fact, the link is simply to the file that contains the link (not even the
>> file I want to link to). Maybe Org-mode was not able to find the "id"?

[...]

> I think you need to look in the ~/.emacs.d/.org-id-locations file.  This
> maps link ids to files.
>
> -Bernt

I think it is very likely that this is part of problem - I synchronize the
directories containing my org-files and have, so far, done nothing about
"~/.emacs.d/.org-id-locations".

What is the best way to deal with this?
- Synchronize?
- Delete?
- Force re-generation?

I have just taken a look at that file. It seems to map one id to one file. How
does that help Org-mode if I rename an org-file that contains an id?

Many thanks for your help!
Warm regards,
 Stefan
--