Re: [Orgmode] items not disappearing from agenda once marked done

From: Jan Böcker
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] items not disappearing from agenda once marked done
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 09:04:37 +0200

On 08/19/2010 07:55 AM, Gert van Oss wrote:
> dear list,
>
> I know this is in the FAQ-[1] but I can't get it working. I've started
> with a new setup not edited by hand. Can someone point me in the right
> direction to get this working when I do: C-c-a?
>
> (custom-set-variables
>   ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
>   ;; If you edit it by hand, you could mess it up, so be careful.
>   ;; Your init file should contain only one such instance.
>   ;; If there is more than one, they won't work right.
>  '(org-agenda-skip-deadline-if-done t)
>  '(org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done t)
>  '(org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done t)
>  '(org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options t)
>  '(org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled t)
>  '(org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date t))
>
> Thanks for any reply,
> Gert
>

> 1- http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#scheduled-vs-deadline-vs-timestamp

Hi Gert,

I just did a test with org-skip-scheduled-if-done here. I set it to t,
scheduled a TODO item for today, then marked that DONE from the agenda.
It disappeared as soon as I pressed 'r' to rebuild the agenda view.

I think that is the intended behaviour, because rebuilding the agenda
can be a slow operation.

Please give us a small example of what exactly does not work for you:
describe what you do, what happens, and what you expect to happen
instead. The version of Org-mode you are using would also be useful to
know (M-x org-version), in case you have hit a bug. That would greatly
help us help you!

-- Jan