Re: [Orgmode] custom sorting of agenda items

From: Ilya Shlyakhter
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] custom sorting of agenda items
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 19:49:01 -0400

> The problem here is that I would have to insert a call to the hook in
> many different places as there are many different functions that
> collect entries for the agenda.

in org-finalize-agenda-entries, when you call
org-agenda-before-sorting-filter-function, could you
save-excursion and move to the original org entry before each call?

> It might be, but there is a possibility that updating the line after
> say a TODO state change will not work exactly like you wanted.

that's ok in my case, the agenda items i'm collecting aren't todo items.
thanks!  maybe, document this in the docstring of
org-agenda-before-sorting-filter-function .