[Orgmode] Re: Mark days in calendar based on agenda

From: Richard Riley
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Mark days in calendar based on agenda
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:54:04 +0200

Claudius Hubig <address@hidden> writes:

> Good day,
>
> I’m quite new to org-mode so please forgive me in case this question
> already has been answered somewhere else – if that is the case, I
> wasn’t able to find it.
>
> Anyway, I would like my calendar to mark days based on agenda
> entries. For example, I have a line like the following:
>
> **** Exam <2010-09-07 Di 11:00> PC 102
> :ATTACH:
>
> in my notes.org and agenda displays it nicely
>
>  7 September 2010  notes:      11:00...... Exam PC 102              :ATTACH:
>
> However, I would also like to have calendar highlight that day in
> it’s overview the same way it would if I entered this line:

> into my diary file.
>
> Is there any way to achieve this?
>
> Best regards and thank you for reading,
>
> Claudius

Well, you probably know "d" can show org-mode items by including

&%%(org-diary)

in your ~/.diary (diary-file variable). This is described in the
org-mode worg page.

Despite playing with fancy display calendar settings as described in the
calendar I wasnt able to get the calendar to hilite the day buttons if
org items were there. Does the output of org-diary conform to the
required calendar appointment format?