[Orgmode] merging column view headings across files

From: Neil Hepburn
Subject: [Orgmode] merging column view headings across files
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 18:21:37 -0600

Greetings all,

I have column view configured differently in several different org files. In
some the columns include things like priority and tags, another file has
columns like blocker and so on. When I do an agenda search for special todo
keywords (in particular "STALLED") the search returns those dreaded stalled
projects, which of course include some things from each org file.  If I switch
to column view, it seems to use the column definitions in place for the first
thing on the list. So, if a todo.org item is the first thing on the list the
column headings are those defined in the todo.org file. However, there are
things from project specific files (where i use the "BLOCKER" property to keep
track of what's connected to what), and the column view heading for "BLOCKER"
does not appear.

Anyone have any bright ideas on how I can keep separate column view definitions
in each org file but have them some how magically combined in column-view look
at my agenda?

Cheers,
Neil

Neil Hepburn, Lecturer in Economics
Department of Social Sciences, Augustana Faculty
University of Alberta
4901-46 Avenue
Camrose, Alberta  T4V 2R3

Phone (780) 679-1588
email address@hidden

No trees were harmed in creating this message. (However, millions of electrons
were terribly disturbed.)