Re: [Orgmode] [Windows] Quick guide on installing Emacs + OrgMode?

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [Windows] Quick guide on installing Emacs + OrgMode?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:21:38 +0200

Gilles Ganault <address@hidden> writes:
> Hello
>
> I'd like to take a quick look at Emacs in order to use its OrgMode
> add-on to get an outliner.
>
> Is there a HOWTO somewhere that would get me up and running quickly on
> Windows?
>
> Thank you.

Welcome Gilles,

I'm not a windows user, but....

Get the current stable version here:
http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-23.2-bin-i386.zip

It's just as easy to install, as any other software.

Well, it's easier to remove though, since nothing will remain on your
computer (no registry entries...).  This makes emacs my editor of choice
if I have to work on a window system (i.e. some one elses host).

Org-mode comes with this version of emacs.

After a while, you might want to upgrade Org mode to the current
development version.  But for a start the bundled Org mode version is
just fine.

  Sebastian