Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to customize the org-mode's BEGIN_SRC HTML output

From: Puneeth
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to customize the org-mode's BEGIN_SRC HTML output
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 15:07:11 +0530

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Puneeth <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Oh, and by the way, with Org-mode version 7.01h I concur with Eric in
>> that I unfortunately still lose the linebreaks and get LaTeX code
>> modified with Benjamin's new version..
>
> The line breaks being stripped off is due to code in org2blog. It has
> nothing to do with org-mode's export. Wordpress does not ignore
> linebreaks in the content, which looks very ugly for normal posts.
> Code in org2blog strips off the line breaks from the html generated by
> org-export-as-html. It checks for <pre> and <blockquote> tags and
> leaves out the newlines within those tags. This is (most) probably
> what is causing trouble.
>
> I'll only be able to look into it in the weekend. Anybody is free to
> beat me to that. :)

This has been fixed. Thanks to a patch from Benjamin Beckwith. You can
now use any WP shortcode blocks in your org2blog posts, without losing
line breaks.

Also, org2blog now directly posts babel src blocks as WP's sourcecode
blocks, without modifying the src blocks in your org file. Just like
with Benjamin's hook function, :syntaxhl header option can still be
used to pass additional arguments to WP's syntaxhighlighter.

Happy Blogging,
Puneeth