Re: [Orgmode] merging column view headings across files

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] merging column view headings across files
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 09:34:02 +0200

On Aug 26, 2010, at 2:21 AM, Neil Hepburn wrote:

Greetings all,

I have column view configured differently in several different org files. In some the columns include things like priority and tags, another file has columns like blocker and so on. When I do an agenda search for special todo keywords (in particular "STALLED") the search returns those dreaded stalled projects, which of course include some things from each org file. If I switch to column view, it seems to use the column definitions in place for the first thing on the list. So, if a todo.org item is the first thing on the list the column headings are those defined in the todo.org file. However, there are things from project specific files (where i use the "BLOCKER" property to keep track of what's connected to what), and the column view heading for "BLOCKER" does not appear.

Anyone have any bright ideas on how I can keep separate column view definitions in each org file but have them some how magically combined in column-view look at my agenda?

Hi Neil,

you can set the variable `org-agenda-overriding-columns-format', either globally, or in the options section of a custom agenda command.

HTH

- Carsten