[Orgmode] SOLVED (Sort of): svn version number as tag or property?

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: [Orgmode] SOLVED (Sort of): svn version number as tag or property?
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 16:15:33 +0200

Hi

I solved the problem by using the following script in org:

#+begin_src sh :exports results :results output replace
  svn info ./spreadSim.org > spreadSim.version
  cat spreadSim.version
  echo " \"Value\"" > spreadSim.version.R
  gawk -F": " '{
    gsub(" ", "", $1);
    gsub(/^\ +/,$2);
    print  "\"" $1 "\" \"" $2 "\""
  }' spreadSim.version >> spreadSim.version.R
  svn status ./spreadSim.org >> spreadSim.version
#+end_src

This inserts the svn info while exporting into the document and into a
file called spreadSim.version.R. In R, I load that file with

#+begin_src R
  svnInfo <- read.table("spreadSim.version.R", header=TRUE, as.is=TRUE)
#+end_src

and can there as well use the version info.

Just one caveat: I have to export before I tangle to get the actual
version info.

Therefore I still have my question, if there is an (emacs?) variable /
function which gives me the svn revision of the buffer?

Cheers,

Rainer

On 01/09/10 09:58, Rainer M Krug wrote:
> On 31/08/10 19:50, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> I could use a code block with a bash script to extract that information
>>> from svn info, but that seems to be awkward for me - there must be an
>>> easier way.
>
>> Provided your vc setup works correctly, then (vc-working-revision FILE) will
>> deliver just this information.
>
> Hm - I can't find that command (I assume it is a function)? And if how
> can I get the file name of the buffer?
>
> Rainer
>

>> Achim.

- --