Re: [Orgmode] [babel] silent code block evaluation on export

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] silent code block evaluation on export
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 21:09:57 -0500

On 09/01/2010 08:37 PM, Eric Schulte wrote:
"Eric Schulte"<address@hidden>  writes:

Hi Erik,

I believe that when a session is specified then all code blocks will be
evaluated but their results will not be included in the exported output.

To clarify the above,

if a code block has a :session header argument, then it is assumed that
the block should be evaluated regardless of it's :export header
argument, because it could change the state of the session,

Ahh, I never tried exactly that.  However, this only seems to work
if the :session is named.

E.g., /:session *R* :exports none/ will do what you say,

but not /:session :exports none/ , which may be a bug?

so in the
following simple example the first code block is evaluated on export
despite having an :exports none header argument, and this ensure that
the value of x is set for the second code block.

** :session evaluation on export
This first block is evaluated but /doesn't/ appear in export.

/:session *R* :exports none/
#+begin_src R :session *R* :exports none
   x<- 8
#+end_src

This second block /does/ appear in export.

#+begin_src R :session *R* :exports results
#+end_src

Cheers -- Eric