Re: [Orgmode] how difficultwould it be to support zotero in org?

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] how difficultwould it be to support zotero in org?
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 23:58:20 +0200

On 9/2/10 9:45 PM, David Maus wrote:

Well... Providing an Elisp interface to Zotero is on my "Someday,
Maybe" list and at least there is a successful attempt to talk to
Zotero using MozRepl[1] (after I've discovered that Zotero's SOAP
interface was abandoned).

So much for the sleepless nights I spent eavesdropping on OpenOffice's SOAP chats with Zotero for the Zotero interface I meant to do in Perl but never finished.

That MozRepl script you linked to looks a lot more fun.

With regards to citations I started to think about[2] writing a
processor for the Citation Style Language (CSL)[3] in Elisp.

Yes, wouldn't that be cool?

But in the medium term, I'd just like to get from A to B:

A. Get references from Zotero into Org notes. (This I do, currently by exporting Zotero to BibTex, and use RefTex to add the citekeys in custom "cite:" links. This also allows me to style the bibliography with BibTex on LaTeX export.)

B. Use Zotero's citeproc to process the references in my Org document and (re)format the bibliography to a given style, much as one can do e.g. in OpenOffice.

Cheers,
CM