Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] List improvement v.2

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] List improvement v.2
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 22:26:31 +0200

> I must be dreaming... I am *sure* that, until yesterday or today, I
> have always used C-c C-x C-b to insert a checkbox if none were
> present; at least, that's what my fingers tell me and they have a
> better memory than my head... I have always used C-c C-c to actually
> mark or unmark the checkbox. Have the default bindings changed?

I remember now. When I rewrote org-toggle-checkbox, I followed closely
its docstring. Thus, the default bindings changed because they weren't
on par with documentation.

> In any case, apologies for the noise but maybe I can suggest a
> change to the default? C-c C-c already does an excellent job of
> checking/unchecking a checkbox so it would be nice if C-c C-x C-b
> would do as I thought it did: insert a checkbox if not present. Is
> this a reasonable or desirable behaviour?

C-c C-x C-b is more specific than C-c C-c. When used on an headline,
it checks/unchecks all the items in the subtree. When used with a
region active, it should checks/unchecks all items inside it.

About the last point, I just noticed it isn't working as expected at
the moment, but I have a patch for it.

Regards,

-- Nicolas