[Orgmode] Re: [babel] ledger tutorial on Worg

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] ledger tutorial on Worg
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 22:53:10 +0200

Hi Eric(s),

A few questions/comments, with the following example:

#+begin_src org
** Journal data

#+srcname: ledger-journal
#+begin_src ledger
2008/01/03 * (SCORPIOS ) SEB VAUBAN
        Assets:Bank:Checking:799997400530                               550.00
EUR
        Assets:Bank:Transferred

2008/01/01 * ( ) UNKNOWN-PAYEE
        Assets:Bank:Checking:799997400530                                21.91
EUR
        Expenses:Unknown
#+end_src

** Registry

Give me the details...

#+srcname: ledger-registry
#+begin_src ledger :cmdline reg unknown :noweb yes :session
<<ledger-journal>>
#+end_src

#+results: ledger-registry
: 08-Jan-01 UNKNOWN-PAYEE         Expenses:Unknown         -21.91 EUR   -21.91
EUR
#+end_src

1. I find it weird to have all the parameters of =:cmdline= not enclosed
   between quotes. What should be the best option, here?  That was a subject,
   long ago, on Org-Babel: to quote or not to quote...

2. When the evaluation produces no output, but had well produced output
   before, shouldn't Babel have to delete the previously written results in
   the Org buffer?

   If you don't understand what I mean, take the above example, replace

       =:cmdline reg unknown :noweb yes :session=

   by

       =:cmdline "reg unknown" :noweb yes :session=

   and see that the current results line is not removed.

   Would the result exist, but be different, it would have been updated.
   In this case, with a result before, but none on the second execution, first
   result is conserved in Org. Do you follow me, and agree on this?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban